Randonneurs Croatie invites you to the only island brevet: BRM 200 km Nerezine 2017. The course runs on islands of Mali Lošinj and Cres. The start is on Saturday, April 29th at 9:00 am in front of the hotel Televrin in Nerezine.
Well known course runs from Nerezine to the first control point in Lubenice on island Cres. Lubenice is one of the most beautiful places on island Cres located on a top of cliff, 378 m above sea level. Spectacular view is worth all of the trouble riding on what are some of the steepest sections of the entire course.
Second and third check points are located at ferry ports Porozina and Merag. After Merag there is the longest section of the course all the way to Mali Lošinj.
In total 203 kilometers and approximately 3,600 meters of ascent. Time limit is 13:30 hours meaning that all the randonneurs reaching the finish line in Nerezine before 10:30 pm will become official finishers.
It might not be the easiest brevet, but the breathtaking landscape of islands Cres and Lošinj pay off the trouble. Helmet, front white and rear red light, and reflective vest are mandatory for the ride during the night and will be subject to inspection before and during the brevet. There is a meal at the finish in hotel Televrin for all participants, included in the starting fee. See you at the start!
- Entry fee is 70 kn, same is the cost of the commemorative medal that may be ordered upon the successful finish. You can submit your application until April 20th at noon. In your application include your first and last name, postal and email address, as well as the year of birth and cell phone you intend to use during the brevet – submit you application (here) randonneurs.croatie (at) gmail (dot) com
- Road Book BRM 200 km Nerezine
- Map BRM 200 km Nerezine
- GPX file BRM 200 km Nerezine
- Jadrolinija’s ferry schedule to islands Cres and Lošinj (downloaded from: http://www.jadrolinija.hr/) departure from Brestova (Istria) and from Valbiska (island Krk)
- At the start every participant will receive a road book, map, brevet card, and has to sign the Liability Statement (please note that every participant has to be insured)